Lightbulb moment.
If there's something still left in my diet that I will eat even when I'm not truly hungry, then I should probably eliminate it altogether.
I would never overeat on steak or green beans or even fruit which tells me they should probably be at the center of my diet.
What's left in my diet (within the confines of the 30 day challenge) that I do sometimes crave and I am tempted to overeat on are protein shakes and hummus. Neither of these items are technically Paleo anyways....and I can see why. I may not get rid of these completely but I know I need to use them in moderation.
Another way to tell if something is worthy of going into my body is based on its shelf-life. The longer it can sit on a shelf, the worse it is.
My guess is that the more I crave something, the less I should incorporate it into my diet.
#1 craving is Diet Coke, hands down. It's anti-Paleo, I crave it like nothing else, and it doesn't expire...that can't be good!
#2 is candy. Again, anti-Paleo, major cravings, and no real shelf-life.
#3 enriched flour products.
#4 cheese.
#5 protein shakes.
These are all foods that I would happily eat more of even if my stomach was full. That's probably a good sign that they're either not good for me or they're not the best foods for my body.
End lightbulb moment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment