So the whole reason I nixed honey Stevia and even Paleo sweet treats from my diet is because I am always scheming ways to keep sweets in my diet. I say "Just a little bit of honey in my coffee." or "One Diet Coke a day." or "Just this once a week or just that once a week." And eventually I'm eating candy for breakfast and lunch. I'm always supplementing or replacing to fill the hole of the thing that I gave up. They're gateway drugs if you will. :)
So when I started this 30 day challenge, I said I would limit dairy and grains but not completely. I told myself that a little bit of whole wheat and some cheese was okay. But now I am swinging back the other way and I think I've been filling the hole of no sugar with not just whole grain here and there, but with full blow enriched flour products. And that totally defeats the purpose of not eating sugar because that all turns to sugar anyways!
So since I have manhandled not eating sweets these 13 days, I've decided to try my hand at total Paleo. So day 15 to day 30 will still remain sweet-free but it will also be grain-free and dairy free.
This one is tricky.
It's tricky because while I have been feeding my kiddos more fruits and vegetables as a result of our efforts to eat Paleo, they still do eat whole grain foods and dairy. With sugar I was able to rid my house of it completely and feel good about it. I've never given them candy or sweets on a regular basis so they didn't miss a beat when I got rid of all the sweets in the house. But they will continue to eat whole grains and dairy, so I'll have to figure out a way to continue on my 30 day journey without being tempted by the string cheese and english muffins.....yikes!
Knowing that I've made it this far with no sweets, I know I can kick the grains and the dairy with no problem...HI-YA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment