Thursday, July 28, 2016

Liar Liar Pants on Fire

Until now, my kids have always been very honest with me.  When other moms chatted about how their children lied to them, I felt sorry for them and thought about how I really couldn't relate.

"Turner, did you punch Tillman in the stomach?"

"NO!  I punched him in the face"

You get the picture.

So for a couple of weeks I have expected that Tillman has been lying about different things, his stories weren't always adding up.  But if he was lying, he was pretty good at it and able to lie with a straight face, which scared me even more.  

A few nights ago at the dinner table, my fears were confirmed.  Troy was lecturing Tillman and telling him how to change his behavior.  Tillman looks up with the most innocent-serious face and says,

"I can't hear you....my ears are TUFFY."   (translation:  stuffy)

We're in trouble...

No comments:

Post a Comment