Saturday, March 13, 2010

Austin Trip

Turner took his first trip to Austin this week at just under a month old! His daddy can't sit still for too long so we decided to take a trip to get away for a few days. My initial instinct was to ask Troy if he was crazy and tell him there was no way that I was taking a three week old baby on a road trip! But the more I thought about it the more it seemed like a good idea. Turner sleeps most of the time and Troy wanted to get away. So why not?

We took off Wednesday morning to Lakeway Resort & Spa in Austin and stayed through Friday.
We went to several restaurants in the area and sat out on the patios. The weather was perfect, we couldn't have planned it any better with the timing, it was wonderful.
We went to the Austin Zoo out in the middle of no where. Only when we arrived at the first animal, the goats did we realize that Turner might be a BIT too young to visit the zoo and enjoy it. But we had a good time nonetheless.

There was a mama lion and a daddy lion who had just had lion cubs only 8 weeks prior. Each day they would take the cubs to a different environment to display the cubs. The mama and daddy lion went nuts for the whole hour their cubs were gone. I looked at Turner and told Troy that I could totally relate to the poor mama lion...I would be mad too!
Some pics from our trip...
The sign reads "Salt Lick cannot be responsible for unattended children".










Salt Lick BBQ. Troy got all-you-can-eat and he ate it up!












Touring the resort in our Moby Wrap. Daddy and baby at sunset.



Turtle. Turtle.

A not-so-patient mama lion waiting to get her cubs back.



1 comment:

  1. So glad you ventured out with Turner so little! We took Knox all over the place and I learned last week that the younger they are the easier it is to travel. Take advantage before he gets interested in toys and "real" food!

    ReplyDelete