Wednesday, September 23, 2009

It's a BOY!!!

"I'm sorry, what? Can you repeat that?" The technician looked up from her sonogram screen to tell me again that we were having a boy. As I'm processing this information I see Troy's Tiger Woods style fist-pump whirling in slow motion through the air.

If I would have been able to tear my eyes off of the screen containing the image of my bouncing baby, I would have probably seen him beating on his chest like a silverback ape. "Me make boy babies...me spread seed...me ultimate manly man....ooga ooga."






But I was too enthralled with the sweet baby who was opening and closing his mouth, sucking his thumb, and bouncing off the walls of what he will call home for the next 4 months. Sucking his thumb, wow! Baby is now 7 inches tall and weighs just under 1 pound. That's my boy!

Boy?!?! I still have to get used to saying it, especially since I referred to him as "her" and "she" for a couple of days prior to the ultrasound appointment. But he made it very evident that he is a HE! As if he was sitting on the ultrasound lens, we got a full view of his (insert lame word for penis here....wiener, package, family jewels, pee pee). He sent the message loud and clear!

Troy assured me that he would have been equally excited if it had been a girl, but it was a little bit hard to understand what he was saying as he was short of breath from skipping through the parking garage. But I got the message....

Two minutes after getting in the car Troy explained to me that no son of his would be a soccer player. Baseball, football, basketball, all acceptable. I had a few choice words for him to say the least. I am going to wear him down eventually and we will have a baseball-swimming-basketball-rowing-football-soccer playing (exhausted....) little boy.

Stay tuned for the name discussion.....this one should be good (assuming I am still alive or released from jail to blog about it). :)

6 comments:

  1. Girl - I am so enjoying reading your blog! Thanks for sharing with us. You really ought to get Troy to write a little bit for us too. That should be a hoot!
    Love ya!
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. You had me laughing out loud as I read this latest blog :). Love you both - love you three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Kristin!!! You're so funny not that I'm surprised I always remember you being funny can't wait till the next post :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhh! So it is late and you are hilarious so I am venturing back in time a few months and reading all about your pregnancy. I wish I had documented the experience as well as you are doing. Of course all my comments seem to come back to my experience but I couldn't leave this one off your list of "penis words"... turtle. Yes, turtle. That is how our u/s tech repeatedly referred to the boyness that made our sweet little blob a boy. As in "See there right between his legs, his turtle."

    P.S. I removed my first comment based on typos...

    ReplyDelete