Wednesday, May 1, 2013

DAY EIGHT

Today was easier.  Not easy, but easier.  I wish I could say that it's because all sugar and toxins are out of my system, but I'm not so sure.  I think it was the two non-Paleo tortillas I ate at lunch.  Ha ha.

But for future reference I think these things helped:

-Not going into a store today.  My house is "clean" (free of tempting sugary things) so at least it's not right there in front of me taunting me to eat it.

I'm pretty sure the gummy bears at Warlmart yesterday were literally calling my name, but we'll chock it up to a craving related hallucination...

-I've made it a whole WEEK!  I never thought I could do even do that.  So if I can make it a full week, why not a few more?

Uh yeah...what's a few more weeks? 

-I took a nap today.  I find myself craving sugar and caffeine when I'm desperately searching for energy.  When I'm dragging I always turn to sweets for a pick-me-up.  But today, the boys slept at the same time and a nap was just what I needed!

-I worked out today.  #1 That's a huge stress release for me.  #2 I leave not feeling hungry and for some reason it really shuts down my cravings significantly.

On the days that I am having bad cravings I find myself wishing I could go workout.  I guess that's a step in the right direction.

I did eat two tortillas at lunch.  I am doing Paleo but I haven't completely ruled out all grains or dairy.  I'm taking this one step at a time and I think sugar has the greatest hold on me, so I'm starting there.  But the goal is to eat as little grain and dairy as possible or at least to significantly cut back on it from what I was eating prior to starting Paleo.  And I've definitely done that, especially the weeks that we've cooked on Sunday for the whole week.

But anytime I've ever cut back on sugar I've found a way to replace it with something else.  Aspertame, Splenda, Stevia, honey, etc.  So moving forward in this 30 day challenge, I am going to try to be more cautious about grains.  Only whole grains if any, and I am not not not not not going to let this become a crutch or a replacement for sweets!  I'm still facing this thing head on.




No comments:

Post a Comment