Saturday, May 11, 2013

DAY EIGHTEEN

My silence is not a sign that I've fallen off the wagon!  It's a sign that I've fallen into a rhythm with this no-sugar business.  Whoo hoo!  And over the last few days I've been successful at weeding out all grains and dairy as well.  As hard as giving up sugar was, giving up grains has not been quite so challenging. 

When I have a craving I still want Diet Coke and candy, but the cravings are MUCH fewer and further between.  And when I do have cravings it's either because I'm doing something that would normally include junk food (i.e. at the movies, when I'm stressed, when I'm giving tours at the hospital, etc.)

But I've also come to realize that sugar cravings are most often triggered by being hungry or thirsty in general.  If I eat regular meals and drink plenty of water it's usually just fine.

So...EIGHTEEN days down!  Go me.

No comments:

Post a Comment