Saturday, May 4, 2013

DAY ELEVEN

Today is the first day that I didn't know what day of the challenge I was on. That doesn't mean I've lost focus or that I've cheated. I haven't. It just means that it's not consuming my brain 24/7! Thank heavens.

But we went to a party tonight and there was a gigantic cake that was about 2 feet tall. Would I have liked to have some? Yes. A slice the size of my head plus a fizzy Diet Coke could have been my dinner and I would have been happy! Was I feeling sorry for myself? Maybe a tiny bit. Was I miserable without it? No! I wasn't. I still had a great time and was proud that it wasn't a huge temptation.

This gives me confidence that I will one day reach a balance. Right now knowing that it's black and white that I'm having no sweets is easier for me. It would be much more difficult at this point just to have a little. I'm still all or nothing. But saying no so many times and learning how to do that, learning self-control, learning that you're not going to upset the host by saying "no thanks" will hopefully lead me to one day be able to say no most of the time but say yes occasionally and in moderation. I have a ways to go until I'm to that point but it's an exciting prospect!

No comments:

Post a Comment