Sunday, May 5, 2013

DAY TWELVE

I think that physically I've kicked my sugar addiction.  Around the 8 or 9 day marker I stopped having the cravings and this didn't feel as impossible as it had the days before.

But when I drive by a CVS, Walgreens or Buckey's, the cravings still come back full force and my mind starts playing tricks on me.

I tell myself that I'll just cheat once and then I'll get back on track for the rest of the 30 day challenge.  But I know that if I cheated once I would cheat everyday.

Then I tell myself that I haven't really lost weight so what was the point of doing this?  But I know that if I continue changing my habits and making good choices by relearning how to eat right, the rest will follow naturally.

I also feel like I made a committment when I announced it publicly on Facebook and have now continued my journey on my blog.

But when it came down to it today, what stopped me from cheating was that my family believes in me.  When I told Troy that I'm frustrated that I've been working out and eating significantly better but I haven't lost weight, he said that it didn't matter.  He reminded me that the point of this challenge was to prove to myself that I could do this, that I am strong.  He encouraged me and reminded me that I am strong and that I've made it this far and that I owe it to myself to prove to myself that I can do this, that I can conquer this 30 challenge with no problem.

So for now I'll continue listening to the good angel on my left shoulder and I'll try to ignore the sugar whore sitting on my right....

1 comment:

  1. Troy is so right! I lost more weight BEFORE the 30 day challenge. The challenge taught me so much more. You are strong, you can do this, you are trying to reset YEARS of poor eating habits (I know, I'm a knight).. and you are doing great. Stick with it, you're an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete