Hello my old friend. Been a while. Nothing major going on but I thought this was funny. Just today three separate people have told me that my son has a bit of a potty mouth.
When I picked Turner up from the church nursery this morning they politely told me that Turner was blurting out a certain expletive. They prefaced that by telling me that he sure likes to say, "I see" a lot.
Then tonight when my mom was feeding Turner his dinner she spelled out the word she thought it was saying. After a quick pause I realized she was telling me the same thing! What the heck? I assured her he hadn't been exposed to that word and surely it was something else!
When I told Troy that everyone thought Turner cursed like a sailor he laughed. He said that he had just told his co-workers that Turner drops the "S" word on a regular basis.
How am I the only one who spends all day every day with this kid and I don't hear it?! I guess what they say is true, a mother is able to overlook her children's indiscretions even when they're staring her in the face. But...in his defense...he doesn't know what he's saying.
I knew it was going to come back to haunt me when I laughed until I cried when my nephew repeatedly mispronounced "fork" over the Thanksgiving holiday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
:-/ We heard it too when we were playing with Turner on Saturday morning; however, we thought he was saying "this."
ReplyDelete