Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Under the Weather

We made it to 9 months without so much as a cold...not bad! But this week Turner and I came down with something. It started with fussiness, turned into fever, had a little bit of a cough, and then as he was healing he got a rash over most of his body. On top of that he woke up a few days earlier with swollen mosquito bites all over his legs and then I let him get into a fire ant bed at the park. To say the least he looked a little worse for the wear!

Due to peer pressure from my mom I ended up taking him into the doctor just for peace of mind. And getting the OK from the doc did help to put my mind at ease.

Dr. Ho said that his symptoms could last up to 2 weeks even though it only took me a couple of days to get over it. So at least I knew what to expect...a clingy baby for a good 72 straight hours while Troy was out of town on an audit in Alexandria, Louisiana. Good times! But now we're recovering nicely, Troy's home, and Turner's back to his old independent self. He can't be held for more than 30 seconds without jumping out of my arms to explore and crawl and move as usual.

Glad to have my husband and my healthy baby back!

No comments:

Post a Comment