Friday, November 26, 2010

Hello My Name is Simon....

Hello my name is Turner and I like to take my first step...IN THE BATHTUB! Old Mike Myers SNL quote for my dad.

I have felt for a couple of weeks that Turner is capable of walking but that he chooses not to because he is so efficient at crawling. Today at my grandparent's house in Brenham he climbed up ten rungs of the attic ladder like it was a cake walk. Then when I was giving him a bath tonight he stood on his own and took a step as if he had known how to do it all along, no big deal. Then he sat back down and continued playing as if nothing had happened.

The coolest part is that Troy happened to be standing behind me talking to him and playing with him, so we both saw his first step.

It was almost as if he unintentionally took a step. I'm not sure when we will see it again since he doesn't seem all that interested in walking. But I'm not in any hurry, I know there's no prize for being the youngest to walk, just exciting to see him grow and make progress!

First step, first word, but still seems like just yesterday that he was born...oh, tiny baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment