Sunday, April 18, 2010

Turner's Dedication


We dedicated Turner to the Lord last week along with some of our best friends in the world! All 3 of the original "man cubs" in order of birth, Cullen Portier, Andy Bedo and Turner Dickerson. Adorable! We had a delicious brunch afterward that Mary Freeman organized and we were able to fellowship with everyone to celebrate. We are so fortunate to have such amazing friends and family around us to support us in our commitment to raising Turner to be a godly man and a follower of Christ!


Part of me felt terrified to commit Turner to the Lord in the sense that He can choose any path
for Turner
even if it isn't what I would choose for him. Will he be a missionary who is sent to
the depths of The Congo to save its people as Troy's Grandfather was called to do? Or will he be called to become a Pastor which would be equally terrifying...ha ha. To be submitted to the criticisms and scrutiny of a congregation! But when I really sit down and think about it I know that our God loves Turner more than I ever could no matter how hard I try. So I know that God's plan is infinitely better than anything I could come up with for Turner.


And so I thank the Lord for Turner and praise him for the gift He has given us of a healthy baby boy. And I commit Turner back to Him and trust that He has an incredible life lined up for Turner.

So exciting, thank you Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment