
This last week Turner started sucking his hands again (he was born with a mark from where he sucked his hand invetro) pretty much non-stop when he's awake. A couple of days ago he found his thumb....noooooo! I watched my parents try to break my sister of the habit for years with tabasco sauce, retainers, thumb guards, you name it...and I'm not about to sit by and watch while Turner starts a bad habit that is hard to break! So every chance I get I replace that thumb with his pacifier. A paci can be thrown away...his thumb will be with him forever!
He cracks himself up...every time we lay him down on the changing table he laughs hysterically. I tell him that he's crazy like his mama and that he's going to be a stand-up comedian one day. Hilarious.
He's found the mirror under his swing and he just LAUGHS at his reflection. I dance around the house singing "You're so vain..."
He had his first swim lesson this week. We got in the tub together and he was wide-eyed at first but then he started kicking his legs and splashing around in the water. He's going to be a swimmer like his Aunty Shanty!

I stuck him in the Bumbo, arms at the ready in case he wasn't ready to hold his own head up. Th
ough he looked like a bobblehead a couple of times, he seemed to really enjoy it. Though when I sent his Gigi a pic text of it to show her how much fun he was having, she said it looked like he was saying "Save me!" Ha ha. Sometimes you've just gotta throw them in and hope they survive it, right?
With his Gigi, Pops and Mama talking to him as much as they do (i.e. non-stop!) it's no surprise that Turner loves to talk too! We were on the floor (trying to learn how to roll over) and he was just chattin' up a storm for a good 15 minutes telling me all sorts of stories. Who knows what he was saying, but he sure thought it was important and as funny as could be. I am loving my time off with him! I am so grateful that he's a happy baby, I pray that he continues to be a joyful person and an encouragement to others for the rest of his life.
And the greatest victory of all.....this kid sleeps 8 and 1/2 hours a night! We put him down in his crib, he talks and sings for a couple of minutes and then he's off to night night. His first night of sleeping in his own room (and not in ours in the bassinet) was WAY harder on me than on him...Mr. Independent! What did I do to deserve a kid like this? Because I doubt I slept 8 hours through the night until I was 12! Oh Turner, my Angel Baby. Don't tell Troy that I said that, he thinks that calling him an Angel will make him soft, but I can't help myself....LOL.
As much as I don't want him to get too big too fast, I can't wait to see what's next!
Kristin!
ReplyDeleteI love to read your thoughts, and I can't wait to get a princess of my own. Hope you all are doing well.
Awww, I call Jacobi my "angel baby" all the time! :) Afterall that's exactly what they are... angels! I'm so happy for you and Troy! XOXO Traci
ReplyDeleteP.S. Good luck keeping that thumb out of Turner's mouth... heaven knows I have no advice. LOL