Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Corn Chips

I went to Payless last week to find a single pair of shoes that fit my feet. I had been wearing the same pair of adorable red Madden Girl Patent leather shoes, but they were definitely worse for the wear. Imagine how my feet smelled every time I came home from an 8 hour day at work when I was wearing the same pair of shoes day in and day out! So it was time to replace them with a plain pair of cheap black flats that I can stretch out and will probably never wear again.

I started my search at Payless by Target on Highway 6. You are almost always guaranteed to walk out of Payless with a pair of affordable shoes! So I'm feeling lucky.

I went in and immediately I'm burning up hot, I feel like I'm sweating from head to toe. I look over at a heavy-set woman who came off as being a little bit (what's another word for ghetto?) "disadvantaged". She was yelling obsenities back and forth with her friend who was on another aisle. Anyway, she was in a jacket and I felt pretty confident that she would be hot too. So I say "Fweefff...it's hot in here!" She just looked up at me like I was crazy without saying a word in return. I looked down and mumbled, "Maybe I'm just having a hot flash." And then I went back to hunting for the perfect pair of shoes. I assumed the so far one-sided conversation ended there.

She then asked me when I was due and I told her February 5th. We taked about swollen feet. She told me about her daughter who had just had a baby. I felt like we had really bonded over the fact that I was pregnant and she seemed really sympathetic to my growing feet problem.

Then all of the sudden she got up to walk out of the store, looked over at her friend and said "I gotta get outta here. Her feet smell like CORN CHIPS!"

No comments:

Post a Comment