Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Nightly Routine....

I went to the doctor on Monday and my blood pressure was a little bit high. The midwife told me that it is now time that I slow down and start acting like a pregnant woman! What does that mean?! I don't feel tired and I don't feel like I need to stop doing the things that I normally do. She even mentioned the word "bedrest"! Yikes! I didn't hear a word after that....my blood pressure skyrocketed just thinking about laying in bed for 5 weeks.

My sister came to the appointment and according to Shannon, the midwife was just trying to get my attention. She was saying that if I didn't start taking it easy that it could potentially lead to leaving work early or even bedrest. Not cool.....

So I have changed my ways.

Some probably thought my life was boring before pregnancy. Your typical 40 hour a week career. Dinner with friends occasionally, home to cook dinner and clean the house or do laundry, indoor soccer once a week, rowing on Thursday evenings and Saturday mornings. Church on Sundays. No clubs or bars or particularly late nights. Pretty simple, but I enjoy it.

Now, you will undoubtably think that my life is boring.....

Work from 8-4:30
Walk for 30 Minutes on My Lunch Break
Home by 5
Into Pajamas Immediately (love it!)
Sit Down on the Couch
Flip on the TV
Troy Comes Home by 6:30
Eat Dinner
Practice Relaxation with Hippie Nature CDs (also a good excuse for T to rub my back...love it!)
Go to Redbox to Rent a DVD
Go to Kroger to Take My Blood Pressure in my Pajamas
Go Home to Watch Movie
Fall Asleep During Movie
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

It's a rough life, but I am kind of enjoying it! Troy has really stepped up to help out so there is not much left for me to do around the house. I may have gained 700 pounds but there just may be something to this whole pregnancy routine. I'm starting to understand why some women have 18 children. If you stay pregnant your whole married life you will be treated like royalty. Every decision you make has to be "for the baby's sake". Plus, at what other point in your life is the doctor going to require that you take it easy and not push yourself?!

She did mention that sometimes pregnant women with anger management issues develop high blood pressure during pregnancy. I blew it off. But then on the way home I yelled at two cars who cut me off, cursed when I hit my head on the sun visor and had steam coming out of my ears when I couldn't find my keys in my giant trendy purse. I then thought back to the breakdown I had on Christmas Even when Troy mentioned that he had "done everything" to get us ready for Christmas. I was actually banging on the glass shower door "gently reminding" him that I had done all of the work in the months before to get ready for the holidays while he made fun of me for starting in November. HE had vacummed the carpet and washed his truck which in my opinion didn't fall under the category of "everything"....so I made sure that he knew it.

But those days are behind me. Now I just say,

321...123...what the heck is bothering me?" - Carl Winslow, Family Matters

or another cult classic,

"Serinity Now!" - Frank Costanza, Seinfeld

or Troy's personal recommendation,

"Woosah...." - Mike Lowry (Will Smith), Bad Boys II

Woosah just makes me laugh, so that tends to do the trick.

I am 99% sure that I just get nervous in general when I go to the doctor and that is the cause of this high blood pressure.

But....why mess with a good thing?

No comments:

Post a Comment