I hesitate to post this blog because I don't want it to be true. Yesterday Troy and I were getting ready to leave for our Brenham Christmas and we were all in the bathroom getting ready. Turner was banging on the glass shower door and when Troy opened it Turner took off walking like he had been doing it his whole life. A good 5 steps across the bathroom and the a few more as he was getting down to crawl.
What?!
Am I a bad mom because I shouted, "Nooooo!" I'm not ready for my tiny baby to be walking. Yeah, I'm that mom.
Then when we got to Brenham he was taking steps all over the place and the nursery workers this morning said he was taking steps. He even tried to walk to his Grandma D when she went to visit the nursery this morning. Cindy, who works in the nursery and has taken care of him at church since he was around 9 weeks old told me to tie his legs together so that he won't start walking and have to be promoted to the next room. Not a bad idea....
I am excited and proud of course, but I just can't believe how quickly the last 10 months have gone by! But I am SO enjoying him at this phase in his life. He is finally getting to where he's affectionate, attempting to kiss us and throwing his arms over my shoulders to hug me when I pick him up out of his crib or put him down for bed. He's communicating so well and most days it seems that we can understand one another. He plays independently really well. And overall he's just a happy kid. I find myself constantly cracking up at him, and he's constantly cracking up at his self too. :)
For the first time since he was born I'm truly enjoying him and I'm not afraid of what comes next. I am just sitting back and enjoying him as he is right now. Soaking it all in, knowing that he will grow up in a flash, and that's a great place to be!
Video to follow when I can capture it in the next few days...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
aww yay! Can't wait to see the video.
ReplyDelete