Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Sugar Whore

I thought Troy's eyes were going to pop out of his head last week when he watched me down a Coke Zero, King Size Carmello and a 4-pack of Giant Chewy Sweetarts on the plane back from Indiana. I was nervous about how Turner would act on the plane ride back (especially after the woman next to me told me she loved babies and then corrected herself to say that she loved good babies...she was about as subtle as a heartattach when she emphasized the word good) and I was nervous about returning to work the next day after going non-stop all weekend.
So...I self-medicated.

He gave me a "put the junk food down" look and I returned his non-verbal communication with my "you'd be safer playing with a rabid dog so you better back off cause I'm foamin' at the mouth" look.

I know I can't replace exhaustion, sleep deprivation or stress by eating mounds of candy. But I sure can try! Some of my favorites....

1 comment:

  1. I'm with you on this one. Some days, when there is no time for a nap, coke and candy is the only thing that can sustain me.

    ReplyDelete