Wednesday, August 19, 2009

St. Luke's Hospital Tour

We went to tour St. Luke's hospital on Saturday. St Luke's in the med center is the only hospital besides Methodist that the midwives will deliver. But St. Luke's seems to be more supportive of the mom walking around and using more natural methods, etc. I wanted a cushy delivery at Methodist Sugar Land, but I can't have it all my way (keep telling myself that...not an easy thing for me to accept!).

My point.....we filled out our pre-registration paperwork and medical questions about the baby it asked me what my relationship to the child was. You should have seen the look I gave Troy when I wrote down the word "MOTHER".

I'm not a mother! My mother is a mother! The one who is responsible when broken arms, ice skating accidents and head gashes occur. The one who is in charge of getting my dad back in between the yellow lines when he is writing on his Blackberry while taking a note on a sticky pad while talking on the phone and driving with his knee! The one who gets blamed for everything. The one who sets up camp in the living room when lightning strikes the transformer in your backyard in the dead heat of summer when dad's out of town. And the one who changes the sheets when they are peed three times in one night by the same kid (not saying any names). You get my point...that's not me...can't be! Can it?!?! Oh...my...gosh.....

5 comments:

  1. I found your blog from your Facebook page...I am so excited for the two of you!!!
    You will be a great mom!!! (it is kinda wierd at first to think of yourself as a "mom", but thankfully, you get eased into the role).
    I look forward to hearing updates and seeing pictures!!!
    -Kristen Patterson

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun to be able to keep up with you this way. I am not a blogger either, but I have a blog. Love to see the updates when they come. Just remember - I was your age when I told ya'll I was pregnant with Garrett. Now don't you feel old?!? Love you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! We just found out from grandma Deale during our Indiana stop. So excited for you both. One of the best books I ever read and applied is called "The Secrets of the Baby Whisperer" by Tracy Hogg. Amazingly pratical book that helped get my kids to sleep through the night right away......I always recommend it to new parents ;)

    Congrats again!!

    Angie for Jeff and Angie Deale

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi "Momma to be" :). I just checked out the last 3 blog entries - 'always fun to read the latest. Have you decided on St. Lukes? See ya'll soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, how do you become mom? i still dont feel like one. i wonder when it will set in? When they graduate high school?

    Clarissa

    ReplyDelete