The last week or so I have really started to POP! I'm still not waddling or standing with my hands on my back as you see in the movies, but it's definitely there! It's so cute when I have a nice shirt on but when I look in the mirror in the mornings it's more like "YIKES! Is that me?! Not cute..." But that's okay, all well worth it.
I went for my monthly appointment last week. This was the first appointment that Troy did not come with me. The last two appointments were chaotic, we couldn't find parking, they mixed my chart up with another pregger's chart (not good!) and the doctor practically ran out of the room after a 5 minute tune-up and brake check. This time the parking lot was half empty (or half full depending on your outlook), the waiting area was calm and peaceful, the appointment took 30 minutes from start to finish and the doctor sat and talked with me for 15 of those....of course!
I got to hear the heartbeat, love it! My blood pressure was a little high because she took it 2 seconds before we listed to the heartbeat....duh! I was excited and nervous and giddy, of course my heart rate is going to be high! And then as soon as I heard it I was immediately cool as a cucumber. I tried to get her to take it again but she clearly didn't think it was a big deal.
The electronic scale they threw me on was so OBVIOUSLY wrong but I still got the "eat plenty of veggies and take a walk each night" lecture anyway. I said to the doc, "What can I say? This kid likes his chips and queso....!" Well, maybe I left that part out and just nodded my head up and down until we moved on to the next topic.

The nurse asked me if I had felt any movement, kicks or flutters and I told her that I hadn't. Then when I got home I sat down on the couch to watch tv and BAM! I felt flutters on the left side of my belly! Whoa! Poor Gussy didn't know what was going on, he has never seen me be that still or quiet in his life, so he was sniffin' it out. I had a feeling that the baby likes to hang out on the left side of my stomach. When Troy has touched my belly (the few times he hasn't scrunched up his nose and told me how weird it is and then walked away creeped out) he has asked why it is so much more hard on the left side. I know that everyone says this, but MY kid REALLY is going to be a soccer player!
No comments:
Post a Comment