Wednesday, January 1, 2014

I. Am. A. Tornado.

We laugh at our kids a lot...sometimes with them, but mostly at them.  One of the most entertaining things that Turner does right now is call something by its almost-name.

For example, when we were little, Shannon (my sister) called lasagna and vaginas by the same name..."vasagnas"!

So I wrote a few of Turner's down over the last year, some of which he now says correctly.  To be honest, I get a little sad when he starts saying them correctly, but I guess they have to grow up some time!

My boys love tomatoes and when he first learned to say "tomato" about a year ago, it originated as "namoe".

He's a picky eater, but I can always count on him to eat his spaghetti.  Around the same time as namoes, the "noodles" were actually "nookles", and you couldn't tell him any different!

Turner has one little freckle on his finger that I love to shower in kisses.  But he really likes to admire his "frankle".

More recently, since it's been cool outside, Turner asks if he has to wear "long shorts".  With it being cold all of 4 days out of the year in Houston, Texas, we're rarely in anything but t-shirts and basketball shorts.  So much so that the word "pants" isn't even in his vocabulary.  I have to laugh!

With the weather changes lately, our noses have all been running.  Though he's been asking for "tissues" or "Kleenexes" since he could talk, recently he's decided that they are not called "tissues", but "tennis shoes"...it only makes sense.  I just roll with it and laugh, Troy tells him they're probably in his closet before he realizes what he's really asking for.  I'll miss it when he decides that it's easier just to call it by its real name.

Yes, we occasionally eat fast food.  The boys love Sonic and Turner particularly enjoys eating "potater-tots".

Last and probably my favorite...we've been singing a lot of Christmas carols.  The boys go in circles around the kitchen island with their drums while I sing The Little Drummer Boy as the boys march and play.  "Come they told me, pa rum pa pum pum.  I am a poor boy too, pa rum pa pum pum."  I love that Turner's been singing Christmas carols and all of the songs he learns at school, but Little Drummer Boy has to be my favorite.  "Come they told me, pa rum pa pum pum.  I am a tornado too, pa rum pa pum pum."

No comments:

Post a Comment