My one goal over the holiday break was to go on a date night with my husband.
Little
did I know that the only "break" we were going to get was in the bones
of Troy's foot. It ended up being a week of Troy laying on the couch
asking for stuff and complaining that his neck hurt from watching too
much tv.
Hey...it's my blog, I can say what I want. :)
So
the night before Troy was supposed to go back to work I called mom and
dad in desperation and asked them to come watch the boys. They were all
too happy to come hang out with their little babes.
So off we went on our date!
Once
we got past the first 15 minutes of Troy complaining that he wasn't
aware of any date on our calendar, complaining about the $35 dollars
that dinner, coke, and a movie were going to cost, me threatening to turn
the car around (see broken foot above...I was driving), we were off to
have a great time.
We went to supper and talked about all
of the things we hadn't been caught up on over the last couple of months
since our last date. I split a meal with him and the waiter gave me
free soup, so it only cost $8 each. I think that made him happy that in
the words of Glenna Knight, I was a "cheap date".
Then
we're not only the people who are so cheap that we bring gas station
candy into the movie theater, we're actually the people who are too
cheap to spring for gas station candy, so we went to HEB instead. Yep.
I feel special. But HEB ended up being the highlight of my night.
We
got to the store and all of the motorized carts for old people were out
of batteries, so we had to ask some guy to grab one for us. It was
certainly the highlight of that guy's night. So off we went and boy do
those little motorized carts cover some good ground! In the meantime I
almost peed my pants every time we passed an old ladies on foot who
glared at us for taking the last motorized cart.
We
finally make it to the candy aisle, me walking about 10 feet in front of
Troy who has become far too comfortable buzzing through the grocery
stores (and Home Depot) on what he imagines to be a tiny go-cart custom
designed to meet his need for speed.
I grab a roll of
ShockTarts and a Laffy Taffy, Troy grabs a movie sized box of
Twizzlers. No sooner that I put my roll of ShockTarts in his basket,
they fall through the holes of the basket and he runs over them, leaving
a 5 foot trail of candies. As if that wasn't funny enough, he
apologized profusely in an old lady voice. I had to close my eyes,
cross my legs, and plug my ears in an effort not to pee on the floor in the middle of
the candy aisle of HEB. P.S. Picture him hunched over like an old man, for some reason he felt the need to play the part wherever he went. I saw my life flash forward about 50 years!
Anyways, I grabbed a $4 chapstick from
the Burt's Bee's wax because my lips were so dry and I couldn't find my
usual $1 stuff. It sure had a funny smell to it, but it did the job.
So
we got in the car to try and make our movie on time. But as soon as we
sat down in the car Troy rips a huge fart (the stuff dream dates are
made of). I did my usual yelling with my head sticking out the window
and asked why he waited until the vehicle was sealed when he had 15
yards of fresh air to pollute on the way to the car.
Suddenly he asked me in a panicked voice, "Why does my fart smell like potpourri?!?!"
"THAT'S MY CHAPSTICK, YOU FOOL!!!"
More leg crossing, eye closing, and ear plugging for me, he would have killed me if I had peed in his car!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment