Tillman doesn't have too many vices, but the pacifiers crack me up. Our current routine before bedtime and naptime is that he brings two pacifiers in the room with him, one in his hand and one in his mouth (he'd bring more if I'd let him...). Then I lay him down in my lap and only when HE'S ready, he hands the one in his hand to me and then the one in his mouth. Then when he's done nursing he promptly turns his head and opens his mouth all ready for the first paci. Then he lifts his outer arm and grabs the other one. He's ready to zonk out and doesn't make another peep!
But if I try to do this routine ANY other way we're going to have a problem. If I try to take the pacis from him before he's ready to hang them to me, if I try to wait until we're in his room to hand them to him, or if I wait to give them back after he's done eating, we're going to have a problem!
But hey, I've got a good sleeper who goes down without a peep and sleeps for 3 hours during the day and all through the night which ends up being 11 or 12 hours....I'm NOT complaining!
I'd do an Irish Jig each night if I thought it would help them to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment