Troy and I celebrated our 9 year wedding anniversary last week. He called and said he had his mom was coming over to watch the boys so we could go out. I felt like we'd had so little really good quality family time lately that I just wanted to hang out as a family with nothing to do or accomplish for the night. So we fixed dinner and hung out and didn't take on any projects or tasks. We just spend the whole night together as a family. It was exactly what the doctor ordered!
Then Troy asked what I wanted to do and I asked if he would pleeeeease watch My Big Fat Greek Wedding (I'm pretty low maintenance). It's one of the only movies of all times that we both agree on and love. So we popped it into the DVD player and just chilled together.
We died laughing throughout the movie as if we hadn't already seen it together one hundred million times. We were wheeze laughing when the boyfriend asked Tulla's brother how to say "thank you" in Greek so he could thank Tulla's mother for the food she fixed him. The brother rambled off something in Greek and the boyfriend repeated it in appreciation. As soon as he said it the room went silent and everyone stopped to stare at him. Well, as it turned out the brother had not taught him how to say "thank you" in Greek, but "nice boobs" instead. I laughed so hard I cried and we were both doing the silent laugh-till-you-can't-breathe laugh.
Later in the movie the brother and their cousin managed to get the boyfriend to announce to the entire family that he had three testicles as well. Classic...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment