We bought Turner a little potty that attaches to the real toilet. I didn't think much of it, figured we could start using it over the next 6 months or so. But the first time he sat up there he loved it and he peed within a few minutes.
Now he brings me the potty and says "pee pee". I couldn't believe that he was really getting it at such a young age, barely 18 months old and he completely understands what he's supposed to do when he sits on the potty. The last few times he's gone as soon as he's sat down and he loves every minute of it! It may be in part to the fact that every time Troy goes to the bathroom he gets really excited and he and Turner run into the bathroom for a "lesson" on standing and peeing. I guess that's what Turner's aspiring to. Next step...aiming in the toilet.
Oh...and Troy wanted me to say that Turner pooped on the toilet for the first time tonight before he gave him his bath. He saved the evidence for me...too kind.
Here's a pic of his accomplishments (don't worry, not the ACTUAL accomplishment)...I hope he doesn't hate me for this one day!
No comments:
Post a Comment