Saturday, August 13, 2011

Shoe Fetish

Turner gets stuck on something and becomes obsessed with it. For example, trains are always on his mind. In fact, he has train turrets! We'll just be hanging out around the house and all of the sudden he'll be passionately shouting "CHOO CHOO". This happens several times a day at least.

On the way to my mom and dad's this morning we got caught by a train. Normally this would be an inconvenience, but I found myself rolling down the window and recording the train and Turner's reaction to it. Don't worry, I'll spare you from having to watch the 10 minute video of a very slow train. But I can only imagine what the cars around me were thinking about me recording the train. Could they see the toddler in the back? Oh well, I have no pride left.

He also loves roaring like a dinosaur, he loves Dinosaur Trains and everything about dinosaurs. You combine trains and dinosaurs and it doesn't get any better than that! It's the only show he'll sit down and watch. Nothing else can keep his attention beyond the theme show. Even my personal favorites...Arthur and Magic School Bus. But I'll keep working on him!

My sister acted scared the first time he roared at her, so now every time he meets a pretty girl he typically roars at her before ever saying hi.

Lately he's been fixed on flags, particularly American flags. When we're driving he's constantly saying, "Ooooh....flag"! I even give him the little flag at the grocery store when we're checking out to keep him occupied. I had never actually purchased one of the flags until today when we knocked down the entire display at Kroger. I figure the least I could do was spend 99 cents to make up for the mess!

And finally...SHOES. Big shoes, little shoes, doesn't matter, he loves shoes. Every time Troy sits down to relax, Turner demands that he give him his shoe. Or, in our world, "da-da shuuuue". Then he treks around the house wearing them.

We were able to capture some of these incidents on video and we put a little montage together.

Hope you enjoy as much as we do!


1 comment:

  1. Cute! So easily entertained. It seems like Troy's closet might be filled with incomplete pairs of shoes. Has Turner tried the cowboy boots? Daddy's cowboy boots were my favorite when I was little.

    ReplyDelete