Monday, October 18, 2010

The Woodlands Regatta

This is a blog about pregnancy and first time mommy-hood. But sometimes it's about ME. Sometimes it needs to be about me! And that's a part of being a mom, making yourself a priority sometimes, giving yourself attention, so that you can be that much better as a mom and a wife.

This weekend I competed in my first regatta with the Greater Houston Rowing Club. It was a great weekend, exhausting, but great. I competed in two races, a women's masters double and a mixed masters double. My only goals were to stay dry (not look like an idiot and fall out of the boat) and to not be the last place boat in either race. And I did it!

I so wanted to keep this fun and use it as a learning experience. I've competed my whole life and it can become so intense. I just wanted to set a goal, meet it, and enjoy myself in the process. So I tried not to harp on penalties for hitting buoys, getting tangled up with another double in the first race which took us out of second place, and all of the other what-ifs.

We came in third place of four boats in our women's double and fifth place out of seven boats in the mixed double. So I reached my goals AND walked away with a bronze metal. So I'm happy.

Here are some pics to check out that my sweet husband took. I think that he, Pops, Gigi and Aunty Linda were more exhausted than I was in trying to keep up with Turner all day. I am so thankful for them supporting me on Saturday, it was so nice to have my family there to give me the extra confidence I needed to be successful.






2 comments:

  1. Theme song for this post: "I like talkin bout you you you you usually, but occasionally, I wanna talk about ME!" Congrats on the Regatta!

    ReplyDelete
  2. April, too funny! YES! I think I'm so consumed sometimes I forget that I'm a separate person! I was walking through Target the other day and I was just smiling away and people were looking at Turner and waving and telling me how cute he was. I thought "we are a cute, aren't we?" Until I passed a mirror and saw that "we" were not so cute. He had on an adorable outfit and I was lookin' a mess. Ha ha. Next blog perhaps?

    ReplyDelete