I never want to forget that today when I went to put Turner down in his crib he was resting his head on my shoulder. I was overwhelmed by the fact that he is going to be grown up one day, that I won't be able to hold him against my chest just before nap time. That I wouldn't get to kiss on him 1,000 times a day (I'll probably cut it down to 400 a day, let's be reasonable).
He smelled so sweet, his skin was so soft, and he was so exhausted. And though he never (and I mean never) holds still for a second, he laid his head on my shoulder and snuggled me for a brief moment. I took that moment to pray to God that Turner will one day be a good man. I prayed that he will be incredible and do incredible things, but above all I prayed that he will follow Christ, be a believer and know what he stands for. I prayed that he will be kind to others...in elementary school, in high school, and later in life to those who are less fortunate than he.
My heart, my throat, and my eyes started to well up, it was such an emotional prayer. I felt like God was right there listening and telling me that He is going to fulfill those things in Turner. And just then...Turner POPPED his head up and gave me the biggest snaggle-toothed grin in the world. Like he knew exactly what was happening and he had heard our whole conversation. I couldn't help but laugh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Love love love this!!! I have a little boy too and I pray for the exact same thing!
ReplyDeleteDitto. I too cherish those moments when my little girl snuggles with me and pray that same prayer every chance I get!
ReplyDeleteaww *tear* What a wonderful prayer for your son.
ReplyDelete