Sunday, October 24, 2010

Ode to Kroger

I used to loath going to the grocery store, each week it was the chore I dreaded the most.

And now...? Send me to the grocery!

Fussy baby? Let's take a trip up to Kroger! Turner loves looking at all of the different flags on the international aisle. We get extra excited when we see the last flag on the row...Texas! It takes a lot to get bored with the bright lights, shiny fruits & veggies and new faces. But if baby gets bored we just run up and down the frozen section. Gets him every time!

I know we're lame but we have no shame.

Troy called me when I was on the way home from a wedding shower and asked me to pick up a few ingredients for a fish fry tonight with his dad. Sure! No problem. I took my time strolling through the aisles, enjoying the quiet. I didn't talk to anyone, I didn't call anyone, just enjoyed the peace and quiet. I came home relaxed and happy...sadly.

But I know I'm not alone. At my last check up with the midwives, Theadora explained how she would go up to the grocery store late in the evening after her husband was home and she would walk as slowly as possible down the aisles and take her sweet time picking out each item. So funny.

If you're reading this...leave me your best grocery experience or story!

No comments:

Post a Comment