Saturday, February 20, 2010

First Day Out

Today was a b-e-a-utiful day! We took a walk this afternoon out by the lake and saw an alligator on the way. Look out Gussy!

We later went up to the church to rehearse for Troy's debut as Jesus for the Maunday-Thursday skit and the Easter service play. It took us all of 7 days to get Turner into a Baptist church! The choir (which includes his "Pops" (a.k.a. my dad)) was rehearsing as well. I got to bring Turner into the rehearsal and present him to the entire choir and hear their "oohs" and "awwws" of everyone. It was so nice and so many people who have loved Troy and I for so many years got to see him and hold him. Now I know why new moms want to get out of the house, it was so relaxing! We got to see Troy rehearse his lines and we listened to the choir for an hour or so. I told the choir to sing on-key so that we could develop Turner's " perfectly pitched ear". Who would think that something so simple would be so nice!?

The first few days were emotional but I'm finally feeling like happy-silly self again! Ahhhhhhhhhhhh.






1 comment:

  1. We are so thrilled for you and Troy! Turner is beautiful (it is okay to say that about baby boys!) You are looking great! Thanks for letting us "peek" in on your lives once in a while.
    Alyson

    ReplyDelete