Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Babymoon!

The latest trend in the world of babies, according to thebump.com is a "babymoon". This would typically take place in the form of a vacation, a last get away before your life is swallowed whole (I mean that in the nicest way possible) by parenthood. So...Troy and I have decided to take a Caribbean cruise. We mulled over some other destinations, but when Troy could only come up with skiing in Chile, white water rafting in CO, hiking the Grand Canyon and rock climbing in Yosemite (may be exaggerating a tad), we defaulted to the classic Caribbean cruise. Love it!

We will be swimming with the sting rays in Cozumel and then heading to Montego Bay and Grand Cayman. Hopefully I won't get stuck in the narrow doorway of our balcony suite or get mistaken for a manatee while snorkeling, but I will only be 20 weeks so I think it will be fine!

We actually had to get a formal written letter from the doctor stating that I will be less than 24 weeks preggers at the time of the cruise. My initial reaction is....whose business is it? And 24 weeks seems like a bit of an overreaction...but who am I?

We are leaving on September 13th and we will not return for an entire 7 days...Sunday to Sunday. 6 weeks and 4 days to go...but who's counting?! Whoo hoo!

1 comment:

  1. Your blog sooo brought back a funny pregnancy moment I had while teaching. I remember one of my more precocious little boys raising his hand and asking me "Do you have on one of those manatee shirts Mrs.Patterson?"

    At first I was horrified that I was being compared to a mini whale, but quickly realized that he had no idea what he just said. I sweetly explained to him that the correct word was MATERNITY and we all had a good laugh.

    On a serious note though, I am so excited that you and Troy will get to make one final set of "pre-baby memories" together on your cruise. Soak it up girl and enjoy! :)

    ReplyDelete