Thursday, October 18, 2012

Second Child

I can sympathize with poor Tillman, seeing as how I'm the second child.  I hope that I'm giving him enough attention, enough of myself, enough mental stimulation.  And I think I am.  With the second it just comes a lot more naturally, you're still trying to learn your child and their personality, but there's not quite the same steep learning curve the first time around. 

I love Tillman.  I love how chill he is, how happy he is, how his eyes curve down toward his cheeks when he smiles (this is something that I love but also something that I worry about when he gets old enough to date...they will be his super power for charm).  He already charms me, if I give up on him taking a nap at the moment that I put him down, he smiles and charms me into forgetting that I'm annoyed that he won't sleep when I want him to.  Look out girls!  I'm already a sucker. 

I can already hear him now, "Mama, I'm just 30 minutes past curfew, can't you overlook it just this once (insert smile here) since I'm such a good kid?"

And he's very go-with-the-flow, though I'm not sure he has a choice.  In the car headed to drop brother off at preschool, back in the car to pick him up, etc.  He gets carried around like a football as I make an attempt to cook dinner or clean the house or accomplish anything!  But mom says that the first one is neurotic because of all the attention and catering they get and the second one is flexible and in the long run it will be better for him.  Let's go with that...

It's going by so quickly, it's unreal.  One day I think I'm going to blog his milestones for 6 months and the next thing I know, I look up and he's 7 months old and leaving those other milestones in the dust.  He so badly wants to catch up to his big brother!

Next blog...milestones...

1 comment:

  1. I am catching up on blog posts and just realized you called me neurotic. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete