Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Peeves Me

Nothing peeves me like when I get up to nurse Tillers in the middle of the night and I come back to bed to find Troy sprawled out on my side.  I want someone to feel sorry for me because I was up at 1am, 3am, and 5am, and instead I find Troy taking advantage of having the bed all to himself. 

But now it's his turn.  We're trying to get Tillman to sleep from 8pm to 5am (give or take) and then go back to sleep until 8am with no other feedings.  It's time.  It's time.  Did I mention that it's time?  He's definitely waking up out of habit now and he can definitely handle that stretch, he's done it before and he can still do it. 

Troy tells me that he doesn't get up because I'm the only one who can nurse.  But that's backfired a bit because now he's the only one who can go in there to sooth Tillman because he's the only who who can't nurse.  If I go in there, Tillman cries and doesn't understand why I wouldn't nurse him. 

The way I see it is that I've taken the last-six-months-shift so he can help out once or twice a night for the next two months until Tillman is consistently sleeping through the night. 

And you better believe that when he stumbles back to bed that I'll be wildly sprawled out across the bed with my pillow under my arm and his pillow under my head.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment