Tuesday, October 20, 2009

24 Week Checkup...

I know I have been quiet lately, but not too much has been going on (which I'm FINE with!). We had a 24 week appointment yesterday for a follow up ultrasound. Last month the ultrasound tech could not see certain parts of the baby's brain that they like to check off. His stomach also looked small because of the angle that she could see him from, and his legs were tucked away. My midwife told me not to worry about it. She said that she would tell her own sister not to stress out about it and that I should be grateful because I get an extra ultrasound. So I tried not to think about it too much...

This appointment, baby boy decided to cooperate and the tech was able to see a full stomach, healthy functioning brain and nice long legs (she didn't say long per se, but I can assume). So I can breath easy now!
I am SO looking forward to the holidays! Halloween...Thanksgiving...Christmas....New Years...and then the bambino will be here (hopefully in that order)!

I am dressing up as Brittany Spears in a very classy ensemble complete with an "I Have the Golden Ticket" tshirt embossment and shiny arrow pointing toward my baby bump. The "K-Fed 4-eva" tatoo and bright pink stilettos will be my main accessories.

Luckily I work in an office where that is relatively PG! It's a step up compared to last year when I dressed as Amy Winehouse, sporting double cigarettes between my fingers and cocaine dusted across my nose. I know that the church staff will really appreciate me using my more church- appropriate judgement this year at the children's Fall Festival ;)

But I digress....
It was so hot and sticky and busy and hot and stressful and HOT this summer. It's so nice and crisp outside now, we have opened the windows the last few nights, taken Gus out on walks around the lake, lit a bunch of candles and just been mellow. So...nice....

So...ask me how much I've gained, tell me your horror stories, tell me I will never make it without medication. Two months ago I found myself crying like a baby in the bathtub when the "you're crazy for trying this without medication...epidural is the best thing that ever happened to me...you're just plain stupid...you're over analyzing this" straw finally broke the pregger's back.

Not gonna phase me now...LA LA LA...I can't hear you!

I now feel like I am nearing the 3rd trimester, the baby is healthy, I am healthy, and things are good!


No comments:

Post a Comment