Thursday, November 22, 2012

TILLERS

By 8 months old Tillman has 8 teeth.  He is crawling like a pro, pulling up, holding on and walking around the coffee table, and transferring from the couch to the coffee table while holding on.  He started saying "mmmma mmmma" last week (before daa daa...HA!).  I swear he also says "good" and "hi"...I have witnesses.  ;)

He is such a happy baby.  Today he sat contently at the Thanksgiving Day parade downtown.  He just played with his toys in the grass as the floats went along.

Every time I walk in the room (even if I just walked out for a minute) I say "Hi baby." or "Hi Turner, hi Tillman." or something to that effect.  If I'm ever distracted and I don't say hi to my boys, Turner says, "Say hi to Tillers, mama.  Say hi Tillers."  It is SO cute, it makes my heart melt that he cares more that I say hi to his baby brother than he cares that I say hi to him. 

If it's past his naptime or if he's hungry and he's getting a little bit fussy, anywhere at anytime I can sing Tura Lura Lura and he'll immediately stop fussing or crying.  I sing that every night to Turner and I KNOW Tillman heard me when he was in my belly.  He instantly recognized that song immediately after he was born and would smile when he heard it as soon as he could smile.

This is such a fun age, 2 and 1/2 and 8 months.  I am a little bit anxious about going through the toddler phase again, where they're so physically capable but don't understand the danger of running through a parking lot or jumping off of the playground, or a million other things.  I like that Turner now has a healthy fear of cars and heights and he's aware of what he's supposed to do and what he's not supposed to do (well...most of the time).  But I know that's a fun age too and that it's very short lived.  All of the phases are very short lived and I'm trying to enjoy every minute of it!


Not my most articulate post, but with two kids 2 and under, it doesn't have to be pretty.  I just have all of these milestones rolling around in my head and moments that I don't want to forget so I thought I'd get them down before it's 2034 and I suddenly realize that I haven't blogged an entry since 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment