My blogs always come in twos because I carry around ideas in my head that I want to post and they build up until I actually sit down to blog them. Some make it to the "paper", so to speak and some get lost forever in the empty spaces of my brain. But...hopefully the good ones are worth remembering and the majority make it to my blog. There are so many moments that I never want to forget! I want to be able to look back on this as an old woman and remember the amazing life that God so graciously blessed me with. Wow...that sounded a little old lady-ish right there...but I mean it.
Today Troy was off of work for New Year's since it fell on a Sunday this year. This is his last day off before the big "busy season" push of getting home at somewhere between 9pm and 3am, depending on how close they are to filing for the year.
But after taking the Christmas decorations down, we headed out to the park. At Turner's request we ate lunch outside (because heaven forbid we stay inside for more than two minutes at a time) and had a picnic at the park.
When we got there, he played with his dump truck, then came over and sat down to eat his lunch. Two bites of his food earned him one of daddy's Pringle "chippps" and he sat there like such a big kid and ate. When he was done he scurried off to the playground and ran laps around the park.
It was a gorgeous day, in the high 50s and breezy, just nippy enough to know that it's winter, but not cold enough to be uncomfortable.
I'm normally counting down the minutes until nap time. But when I caught myself wondering what time it was, I realized that I didn't want that moment to end. Those are the moments I live for, the moments I long for, when we are all together and enjoying ourselves. Without a schedule, without an agenda, just happiness.
I'd post a picture but I didn't even bring my phone or camera, for fear of polluting the moment with trying to get them to pose or hold still for even a second. Even with busy season around the corner, with sleepless nights to look forward to with this new baby who I can't wait to meet, with teaching two classes back to back this week, with getting back into a busy routine this week...just as it was, in the moment, it was just...perfect.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment